Friday, August 7, 2009

Small milestones

I don't have an official weigh day. I probably should; that way I can keep a more accurate count of where I am and how well I've done over the past... however long. I can tell you this,though, when I began blogging, what, a couple of weeks ago, I believe I still weighed 257. Today, I clocked in at 248!! This is awesome to me! Especially since I wasn't able to do much of anything last week. That's a nine pound loss! I believe this is the start of some really great motivation.

My toe doesn't hurt near like it did, but I am having a little trouble with my hips. I think it's because I was in the car almost all day yesterday. I am a psych nurse, and I travel with my job. I go to my consumer's houses to see them. Yesterday's mileage totalled just over 100 miles. That makes for some achy joints. But today... today won't be a bad day at all. I hope to be off work early enough to get to the Y before the "Five O'clock Crowd." Even if I don't, it's odd, but you usually don't see as many people at the Y on a Friday as you do a Tuesday or Wednesday. And especially not as many as Monday. You know, everybody has a great new resolution to start working out "On Monday" and then by Friday, they are going to start back on Monday again. I'm sure you all know what I'm talking about and are probably guilty of it yourselves. I have been before. But not anymore. I'm feeling very motivated these days.

Thanks for reading,
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Hi Rachel,
    Sean pointed me in your direction!
    Congrats on the progress thus far!
    I think having an "an official" weigh in day" is a good idea. It's the practice I have adopted after various trial and errors of what to do and what not to do.
    Keep up the good work!

    http://hecate-metamorphosis.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete