Monday, July 27, 2009

A Better Day

Yesterday I did absolutely nothing. That was the first time in two weeks I did nothing and I felt horrible about it. Today was a better day. I had a 140 calorie fiber one bar for breakfast and my lunch came to a larger calorie count than I'd like - 522 calories (Sonic corndog and small cheese tots) Later I had a 3 musketeers for 240. That was probably... well, I know it was a bad calorie value but I had it and that's that. So that brings me to 902 for the day so far. For dinner, I am having a turkey sandwich with 45 calorie bread so my sandwich was 150 (just ate it) and the salad I am having with it comes to about 100. So I have only spent 1150 calories and it's 8pm. I will probably have a fudgecicle here in a bit and call it a night, so I am well under 1500 for the day. But that's not the best part of the day. I went to the Y this evening and I walked for almost an hour on the treadmill. 54 minutes to be exact. It would have been a full hour, but I am on call today and the emergency phone rang, so I had to take the call.
Nonetheless, I feel really good about today and I can go to bed with that feeling. I like that. It even inspires me to do as well the next day. It's like a domino effect. Do something to make you feel good one day and you want to do the same the next and the next and the next. Before you know it, you have a whole month's worth of going to bed feeling good about what you've done that day.
Well, I feel like I'm rambling. I'm going to get a little work done before going off to bed.

Thanks for reading,
Rachel

1 comment:

  1. Wonderful day. Just beautiful.
    You're on the way Rachel, you're positively on the way.
    Keep up the wonderful work, because you can do this---You know you can!

    My best always
    Love
    Sean

    ReplyDelete